Congratulations! Now that you have one, it’s time to install your GoatLink. We know that it looks like a lot, but steps 1-19 should take just a few minutes.
Before diving in, you’ll need the following:
- Protective eyewear
- 5mm Allen key
- Small bladed screwdriver
- Medium Phillips screwdriver
- Removable thread locking compound (Loctite 242 or equivalent)
- Torque wrench with 5mm Allen socket
- E-clip tool
2. Disengage rear derailleur clutch.
3. Remove rear wheel.
4. Remove chain from chainring.
- Note: Take care to ensure that GoatLink pin rests against derailleur hanger tab.
- Note: Do not use thread locking compound on GoatLink mounting bolt.
11. Center derailleur Direct Mount knuckle over threaded GoatLink hole.
12. Use 5mm Allen Key to start Direct Mount screw in derailleur hanger.
- Note: Direct Mount screw must be located in both sides of the Direct Mount knuckle before threads will engage.
13. Use torque wrench or 5mm Allen key to torque Direct Mount screw to 8-10Nm.
16. Replace chain on chainring.
- Shifting to highest cog
- Pull rear derailleur body rearward to release pressure on B-screw.
- Use medium Phillips screwdriver to adjust B-screw so that, when the derailleur is released, top derailleur pulley sits as close as possible to top cog without rubbing or bumping while pedaling.
20. Go for a ride.